Processors are permission-less and trust-less. This means that anyone can operate a Processor for channels they are interested in.
The processor proves the validity of pending messages and sends them to end recipients.
It is an off-chain actor that does the following:
- Observe the home
- Maintain local merkle tree with all leaves
- Observe 1 or more replicas
- Maintain list of messages corresponding to each leaf
- Generate and submit merkle proofs for pending (unproven) messages
- Dispatch proven messages to end recipients